Data Shuttle upload error related to Contact List fields

Options
Sharon F.
Sharon F. ✭✭✭
edited 06/14/22 in Add Ons and Integrations

I setup a Data Shuttle upload workflow to load data from a Google Sheet into Smartsheet. One of the columns of data is mapped to a Contact List column type. In the source file, the field is populated with a name (e.g Joe Soap) but the workflow doesn't run and gives an error "This column is restricted to CONTACT_LIST values only." The Smartsheet column is restricted to specific values, however the name 'Joe Soap' is already in the list in column properties. What am I doing wrong?

Answers

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin
    Options

Hi @Sharon F.

Contact list values use an email address as the value to populate the contact. This means that "Joe Soap" is only seen as text, not as a contact, and it won't match any of the values you have in the Column Properties.

You would either want to map this to a Text/Number field instead to populate just the name, or change the Contact Column to allow it to accept any value (not restricted to specific contacts). Does that make sense?

Cheers!

Genevieve

• Sharon F.
    Sharon F. ✭✭✭
    Options

Thanks @Genevieve P.

If I use the email address, e.g. joe.soap@live.com, would that work then to populate the column? I can't change the column properties as the field is used in a form for which I need the values restricted.

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin
    Options

Hi @Sharon F.

My apologies for the delay in response!

I've just tested this on my own sheet and yes, if you identify the exact email address for the contact then it should update the Contact Column. Let me know if this has worked for you!

Cheers,

Genevieve