Document Builder not following properties given to text boxes

I've created a audit form with multiple questions and multiple text answers that can potentially be longer than a couple of lines.

I set up my PDF map so that the font should stay static at 10 and then selected both multi line and scroll if long however the resulting generated document seems to make the font smaller and just makes the box bigger making the text flow over other boxes, ignoring the property options that were selected.

Has anyone else come across this and found a solution?

Best Answer

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee
    Answer ✓

Hi @Ricky Woodage

The font size adjusting is expected behaviour; font sizes will adjust during the document generation process so that all the text will fit in the designated PDF field.

However your text should be able to text-wrap if you have set the multi-line property of that field in the PDF, and I'm not certain what the expected behaviour is with the scroll feature. For a short-term solution, I would suggest expanding out this field in your PDF to make sure the field height will fit your maximum text for that mapping.

Then please contact Support with a screen recording (or screen captures of the issue and your PDF set-up) as well as an attachment of an example fillable PDF so they can reproduce what you're seeing and investigate the root cause!

Thanks,

Genevieve

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now

Answers

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee
    Answer ✓

Hi @Ricky Woodage

The font size adjusting is expected behaviour; font sizes will adjust during the document generation process so that all the text will fit in the designated PDF field.

However your text should be able to text-wrap if you have set the multi-line property of that field in the PDF, and I'm not certain what the expected behaviour is with the scroll feature. For a short-term solution, I would suggest expanding out this field in your PDF to make sure the field height will fit your maximum text for that mapping.

Then please contact Support with a screen recording (or screen captures of the issue and your PDF set-up) as well as an attachment of an example fillable PDF so they can reproduce what you're seeing and investigate the root cause!

Thanks,

Genevieve

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now

• Spoke to support and the scroll feature is not currently supported.