Getting latest data onto a Dashboard from a sheet

I have a "project risk log" in a smartsheet where every risk is scored from 1-5.

I have a separate "summary" smartsheet which has formulas in to count the number of "open" risks in that log for each score from 1-5, ie there is a column in here for score 1 where all of the open risks in the log with a score of 1 are totalled up, etc.

I then have a dashboard, on which the data from the summary smartsheet is displayed in a friendly format.

I've noticed today that when the "project risk log" sheet is updated, the data feeding through to the dashboard does not change until I separately open the "summary" sheet, which refreshes it's data, and then save this sheet. It doesn't update automatically in the background which I thought was the expected behaviour.

Is there anything I can do to trigger an auto refresh as the whole thing is pretty pointless if you have to open 2 sheets to get the dashboard to refresh?

Thanks!

Answers

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭

I wonder if there is maybe some issue with Smartsheet. I have had others reach out to me today with the same complaint. The metrics sheets are not updating until they are manually opened.

• I am experiencing similar problems. I have a metrics dashboard that feeds from a Summary Sheet that has links to all my individual project sheets. For some reason, some of the fields are not updating today, while others are working just fine. Even when I manually open it, it still is not updating correctly.

Thanks!

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭

I have confirmed that this is a known issue and is currently being worked on by the SS team:

"Identified

We have identified the issue as caused by a delay in processing of cell link sheet data. The queued data is being processed, and the service is currently recovering. We will provide an update in 1 hour.

Posted 54 minutes ago. Oct 20, 2021 - 11:55 PDT

Update

We are continuing to experience delays in updating cell links. We will provide an update in 1 hour.

Posted 2 hours ago. Oct 20, 2021 - 11:05 PDT

Update

We are continuing to experience delays in updating cell links. We will provide an update in 1 hour.

Posted 3 hours ago. Oct 20, 2021 - 10:06 PDT

Update

Posted 4 hours ago. Oct 20, 2021 - 08:55 PDT

Investigating

We are currently investigating some customer reports that there is a delay in updating existing cell links in sheets. Changing a cell link source value may not update the destination. We will provide an update in 30 minutes.

Posted 5 hours ago. Oct 20, 2021 - 08:15 PDT"