Days to due Date

Options

Hi All,

Is it possible to have the column 'Days to end date' auto-populate from the 'end date' i.e indicating number of days after end date, when status is not 'complete'?

Answers

• Bassam Khalil
    Bassam Khalil ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Abiola

Hope you are fine, yes you can add a helper column and use If statement function to do that.

Please add a copy of your sheet or a screenshot (after removing or replacing any sensitive information). This will make it easier for me to provide the appropriate answer to your question.

PMP Certified

bassam.khalil2009@gmail.com

☑️ Are you satisfied with my answer to your question? Please help the Community by marking it as an ( Accepted Answer), and I will be grateful for your "Vote Up" or "Insightful"

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Try something like this...

=IF(AND(Status@row <> "Complete", [End Date]@row< TODAY()), TODAY() - [End Date]@row)

• Abiola
    Options

Hi @Paul Newcome thank you very much for this, I think it is closer to my solution, I observed that the formula calculated the difference from end date and the current date, however, I would expect it to stop auto calculation the date the 'status' of activity shows 'completed'. The objective is to know the time difference from the planned end date and the actual end date. Please see the highlighted figures in the picture here. @Bassam Khalil, kindly find the picture below:

Thank you,

Abiola

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi @Abiola

I hope you're well and safe!

If I understand your process, you'd need to use a Workflow combined with the Record date action and a so-called helper column to store the actual end date. Then you'd use that to calculate the difference.

Make sense?

Would that work/help?

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic weekend!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!