Not allowed to use a field for a reminder

I am trying to set up a reminder, but it is not recognizing the field that I need to use. In the picture attached I have 3 date fields: Date submitted, Date Approved, and Date Processed. Date submitted is an automated field based on whenever the applicant submits the form. I was trying to create a 2 week reminder from when the applicants submit the form if the Date processed field was still blank. I am able to select the blank field condition, the 2 week condition, but it will not give me the option for the field "date submitted".

Best Answer

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee
    Answer ✓

Hi @Maxwony

The reason you're not seeing the Date Submitted column as an option is because it's a different type of column, a System Column, versus a Date column.

There are a couple of ways we could adjust this. One option would be to have a helper, regular Date type of column with a Column Formula to pull the date through like so:

=DATEONLY([Date Submitted]@row)

Then you could use this Helper column in your workflow and hide the original System Column.

Another option would be to set your reminder to run every single day, but then add in your Date criteria as a Condition of the workflow:

Cheers,

Genevieve

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now

Answers

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee
    Answer ✓

Hi @Maxwony

The reason you're not seeing the Date Submitted column as an option is because it's a different type of column, a System Column, versus a Date column.

There are a couple of ways we could adjust this. One option would be to have a helper, regular Date type of column with a Column Formula to pull the date through like so:

=DATEONLY([Date Submitted]@row)

Then you could use this Helper column in your workflow and hide the original System Column.

Another option would be to set your reminder to run every single day, but then add in your Date criteria as a Condition of the workflow:

Cheers,

Genevieve

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now