How to add additional data

I'm new to Smartsheet and made a sheet about a month ago with 40 rows. I need to add to it but it won't save the data I put in rows 41-45 and it changed the existing row number. How do I add data to rows.

Best Answer

• liz.mayeux
    liz.mayeux ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

are you using a form to add the information to your sheet? It could be that the settings have the information added at the bottom vs. the top of the sheet.

Also, i would search for the information (control F) that may be lost. I could be they are just not on the row you believe it should be on. It has been my experience with new sheets, that there are blank rows created when I'm testing entries and make sure things are flowing correctly. When deleting the information, sometimes the row stays but the information is removed. I have to get in the habit of deleting the row of dummy information to make sure smartsheet doesn't consider it to be a live row and enter the information below or above it.

i hope this makes sense.

Answers

• liz.mayeux
    liz.mayeux ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

are you using a form to add the information to your sheet? It could be that the settings have the information added at the bottom vs. the top of the sheet.

Also, i would search for the information (control F) that may be lost. I could be they are just not on the row you believe it should be on. It has been my experience with new sheets, that there are blank rows created when I'm testing entries and make sure things are flowing correctly. When deleting the information, sometimes the row stays but the information is removed. I have to get in the habit of deleting the row of dummy information to make sure smartsheet doesn't consider it to be a live row and enter the information below or above it.

i hope this makes sense.

• Thank you for pointing me in the right direction.

There were rows that an editor had entered previously that were filtered and I could not see them. I took the filter off and all the rows were visible that he had added and that I had added.