SUM entries MTD for each day and each month

Options

I have a sheet with the date on each row starting 07/01/2021 through the end of the fiscal year, 06/30/2022. I need the month to date sum on each row. I sum each date with the date before but I have to manually change the formula at the end of each month. Is there a way to do this automatically so I don't have to restart the formula at the beginning of each month? I feel like it should be a simple fix.

(Here is the formula in the 911 Calls MTD column for each date)

07/01/2021 =SUM([911 Calls Daily]1)

07/02/2021 =SUM([911 Calls MTD]1 + [911 Calls Daily]2)

07/03/2021 =SUM([911 Calls MTD]2 + [911 Calls Daily]3)

Best Answer

• Sheryl Roland
    Sheryl Roland ✭✭✭✭
    edited 11/01/21 Answer ✓
    Options

I spent the past two days trying to figure it out and I finally got it. I added a helper column to determine the Month and used the following formula:

=SUMIFS([911 Calls Daily]$1:[911 Calls Daily]@row, Month$1:Month@row, Month1)

This formula gives me a running MTD total and automatically resets itself on the first of the month.

Answers

• Sheryl Roland
    Sheryl Roland ✭✭✭✭
    edited 11/01/21 Answer ✓
    Options

I spent the past two days trying to figure it out and I finally got it. I added a helper column to determine the Month and used the following formula:

=SUMIFS([911 Calls Daily]$1:[911 Calls Daily]@row, Month$1:Month@row, Month1)

This formula gives me a running MTD total and automatically resets itself on the first of the month.

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!