Cell History showing people making changes they did not make

2»

Answers

• Sad to report it is still doing automatic updates it looks like every time the file is saved maybe? I really need to get this fixed. I am sure it is likely formula related but how do we figure out what the issue is?

As you can see in the screenshot I have updated the formulas for the Task SU Duration to provide a negative and then updated the GLSD Due Date to the formula without the "-" and it is still happening when users save the file.

• I think it is worth mentioning there are some rows with the exact same formulas that are NOT doing this so it is very confusing. And i just confirmed it is definitely happening every time someone saves the sheet it makes the toggle between the dates.

• Hi @dgloballab

Yes it sounds like it's the WORKDAY function that has to re-calculate to check for weekends and holidays whenever the sheet is saved (whoever saves the sheet ends up being the person who "modified" the row, even though they didn't).

I have to admit I'm not sure if this is expected of WORKDAY or not. At this point I would recommend reaching out to Smartsheet support directly with screen captures, the sheet URL, and a link to this thread for context and all the troubleshooting steps we tried.

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now

• Unfortunately this is still an ongoing issue after speaking with someone from support. I am hoping to get someone back on the line today to walk through this again with me.

There is just no good reason why the date keeps changing when people save/refresh the page. The formula should be static and not dynamic.