Email validation with Outlook?

Options

Hey community - is there any way for Smartsheet to validate emails using Outlook?

Ex. we create a form which has a field for email. When that form is submitted, Smartsheet validates that email with the company address book via Outlook and confirms whether or not the email exists/is correct.

I know this is a long shot, but I thought I'd ask.

Thanks!

Answers

• Genevieve P.
    Options

Hi @Benjamin Brunnette

There currently isn't a way to validate an email by having the sheet directly compare with Outlook, no - please submit your request and feedback to the Product team, here!

That said, if you had a sheet in Smartsheet that contained all the emails you have in Outlook, then we could use an INDEX(MATCH formula to check against this reference sheet and flag any rows that don't match an email there. Would that help?

Cheers,

Genevieve

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now

• Jmontoya_GLDD
    Options

Hi,

Any progress made on this since 2021? or is the only option via index/match so far? I submitted a request anyway to see if it helps.

Regards,

Jorge M

• marc4
    marc4 ✭✭✭✭
    Options

To do this smartsheet would have to talk with each organization's exchange server. I can see that a lot of organizations are not going to open their exchange server to outsiders.

It would be simpler to export the organization's Global Address List (GAL) as a csv file and import it onto a Smartsheet and then do the index/match against it.

/marc