subtraction formula

Options

Hello! I’m trying to use a simple subtraction formula =[# of Transactions]@row - [Total Rejected]@row to populate a total processed column however if total rejected isnt populated then it automatically places the number of transactions into to total processed….i’ve tried multiple things with no luck. Any help you can provide is greatly appreciated!

Best Answer

• Kelly Moore
    Kelly Moore ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @Mailynm

Would this work for you?

=IF([Total Rejected]@row<>"", [# of Transactions]@row - [Total Rejected]@row)

The IF first checks that the [Total Rejected] is not blank. If there is something in the [Total Rejected] cell, the subtraction happens. Otherwise the [total processed] cell remains blank. If you wish for a different outcome rather than keeping the [total processed] blank, we can build that. Let me know.

cheers

Kelly

Answers

• Kelly Moore
    Kelly Moore ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @Mailynm

Would this work for you?

=IF([Total Rejected]@row<>"", [# of Transactions]@row - [Total Rejected]@row)

The IF first checks that the [Total Rejected] is not blank. If there is something in the [Total Rejected] cell, the subtraction happens. Otherwise the [total processed] cell remains blank. If you wish for a different outcome rather than keeping the [total processed] blank, we can build that. Let me know.

cheers

Kelly

• Mailynm
    Mailynm ✭✭
    Options

@Kelly Moore This worked perfectly and did exactly what I needed it to do! Thanks for your help!!

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!