add the same document to all rows in a sheet

I have a word document I need attached to all rows in a sheet so that it can be included in automatic update requests sent to the contact in each row.

This is not a document created with document generator. Document generator is awesome; unfortunately, users need to be able to edit PDFs in order to complete the form we are using. Since not all users have the ability to edit PDFs we want to include a Microsoft word fillable form to each row.

Is there a way to bulk attach a single document to all rows in a sheet?

Thank you.

Answers

• Brett Wyrick
    Brett Wyrick ✭✭✭✭✭

Hey Tanya. Do you have access to an external automation tool like Power Automate (https://us.flow.microsoft.com) or Zapier? And would you have access to get a Smartsheet API key? (see step 3 here)

If so, then yes.

If not, then there's not an automated way to do this easily. What you're asking for is pretty unique, so this isn't something that most people utilize Smartsheet for.

If this answer answers your question, please press "Yes" above - it helps the community (and those random Googlers out there 👀) find solutions like yours faster.

Love,

Brett Wyrick | Connect with me on LinkedIn.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2023 update: I'm no longer working on Smartsheet stuff. I started working at Microsoft in 2022, plus I have 1-year-old twins at home and frankly, I don't have enough time to do Smartsheet anymore. It's been real, Smartsheeters!