Help with Updating Rows Via a Form Submission

Options

Hello,

I am trying to use Smartsheet to track reagents, the workflow is as follows: The person prepping the reagents fills out a form with the pertinent information and the number of vials made. in this example the person made 40 vials. I would like to have this same number decrease via form submission. Example.) 1 vial is used, the person who used the vial submits a form and identifies that 1 vials was used, the number 40 changes to 39. A few weeks later somebody uses 3 vials and indicates that in their form submission, the number changed from 39 to 36. What formula would I use to have this happen/ is this sort of scenario possible?

Thank you so much,

Cameron

Tags:

Best Answer

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

My suggestion would be two separate sheets. One that inserts a new row (through form submission) when vials are made and a second sheet to capture use (via form as well).

One the creation sheet you would have one column for the number created and another column that will output how many are remaining. The formula for outputting how many are left would be:

=[# Created]@row - SUMIFS({Other Sheet # Used Column}, {Other Sheet Vial Column}, @cell = [Vial Column]@row)

Answers

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!