Workflow alert mails sender name difference

Hi there ;

İ would like to ask a situation ;

i am licensed user , i created a workflow in a sheet , that workflow's type is sending alert mail.

there are many "send alert mail " workflows , and an unlicensed user is making some changes on this sheet , and wrokflows are working via that changes.

But alert mail's sender name seems my account for some alert mails , for other some alert mail sender name seems that unlicensed user's account.

why all alert mail's sender name does not seem as my account , why this difference happening , could you pls give any advice about that situation

Thanks

Erhan

Best Answer

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee
    Answer ✓

Hi @Automatic Mail

The name in the automatic email will depend on a number of factors. In most cases, the name you’ll see in the message will be the name of the person who triggered the change, the person who made a change to the sheet that caused the notification to be sent, even if they are unlicensed.

See this Help Article: Overview of Automated Notifications Sent via Smartsheet

If you always want your own name to be associated with the email, the sheet owner will appear as the sender name when the notification email delivers:

• An alert triggered by multiple users’ changes in your sheet
    • A time-based alert
    • An update request
    • An approval request

Cheers,

Genevieve

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now

Answers

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee
    Answer ✓

Hi @Automatic Mail

The name in the automatic email will depend on a number of factors. In most cases, the name you’ll see in the message will be the name of the person who triggered the change, the person who made a change to the sheet that caused the notification to be sent, even if they are unlicensed.

See this Help Article: Overview of Automated Notifications Sent via Smartsheet

If you always want your own name to be associated with the email, the sheet owner will appear as the sender name when the notification email delivers:

• An alert triggered by multiple users’ changes in your sheet
    • A time-based alert
    • An update request
    • An approval request

Cheers,

Genevieve

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now