How to set the value via Python APIs for simple CONTACT_LIST column ?

11/10/21
Answered - Pending Review

Hi,

i have the column where the type is CONTACT_LIST (single value only, not multiple values) ...

here is the code snippet:

case_owner_email = "[email protected]"

new_row.cells.append({

'column_id': project_metadata_column_map["Case Owner"],

'value': case_owner_email

})

all my email addresses are correct, and all my owners are registered users in Smartsheet, but sometimes, when i open the sheet, i get correct user (pic + name), but other times i get only email address ...

i need that this is always user ...

so, is there any specific formatting for the value ?

thx & rgrds,

ljk

Answers

• I don't utilize Python, but just throwing this out there - could you do a lookup for the User's ID by their email address and then utilize that instead? I imagine that would always give you the correct value.

If this answer answers your question, please press "Yes" above - it helps the community (and those random Googlers out there 👀) find solutions like yours faster.

🧔 Brett Wyrick; your friendly neighborhood freelance consultant & Smartsheet helper.

❓ Need some more help? Want to automate systems outside of Smartsheet to connect to your Smartsheet? Want to automate your sheets to talk to one another easier? Other questions? Send me an email or connect with me on LinkedIn.‎

• lkrobotlkrobot ✭✭✭✭

what do you mean with lookup ? what you intend with User ID ? how you would do this ? example ?

PS. the email address i'm using is allways correct ...

thx & rgrds,

ljk