Work Insights - column not available to select

Options

I have a column in a sheet that uses a formula (If this field is not blank then status is "Complete"). However, on Work Insights, this column is not available to select. Why?

Answers

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin
    Options

Hi @Courtland Allen

What column type is the formula in? Currently Work Insights supports Dropdown, Symbols, and Contact columns. If your formula is in a Text/Number column, change the column type to be Dropdown and make sure the formula outputs are set in the Column Value field in its Properties.

Let me know if this resolved it for you!

Cheers,

Genevieve

• .Leon.
    .Leon. ✭✭
    edited 11/30/21
    Options

Hi Genevieve - I am having this same issue as well - but for me to convert the columns to be a Dropdown it requires them to have no formatting applied.

Thus I now need to delete 30+ conditional formatting rules to be able to convert the column type in just the first sheet I am looking at applying this to.

Disabling the formatting doesn't appear to have fixed this, so I will need to delete them all then recreate just to be able to enable Work Insights.

Any chance this can be fixed/addressed in the near future?

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin
    Options

Hi @.Leon.

Work Insights is a new feature, so I'm sure the Product team is looking for ways to improve and build on the current functionality! Please let them know about your use-case and feedback by filling in this form, here.

Cheers,

Genevieve

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!