trying to track "repeat offenders" across all my sheets and cant think of a way to pull it together.

I have multiple sheets that i log the progress of manufacturing a vehicle by a task list where techs check a box if they completed said task and then 2 levels of quality control to verify if said task was done to quality. What i want to do is now track the "repeat offenders" (same task being flagged as no good by qc more than 3+ times ) So Level 1 qc is now tracking the techs "repeat offenders" and level 2 qc is now trakcing level 1 qc "repeat offenders". I am Currently at a point where i need opinions on how i can get smartsheets to automate the process so there is less human interaction. Right now I have QC leaving a note saying "repeat" and right clicking the line item and "Copy to another sheet" where it then populates to my sheet "Repat Offenders list". Now from here i would like this to be automated. Each sheet has 7 "bays"(Paint,Upholstery, sub assembly...etc) I would like to set up sections for the line item to just populate in its designated area. Any suggestions on how I can make this work?

Thanks, Anthony

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @ECD Auto Design

I hope you're well and safe!

You could add a so-called helper column and combine it with Workflows and the change cell action.

Something like this.

Flagged = Change cell in the helper column to 1

Flagged again = and if helper column is 1, change to 2

And so on...

Make sense?

Would that work/help?

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic weekend!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.