Workflow: turn reminders into to-do items in separate list?

Options

Hi,

I´m using sheets in Ganttview to manage my projects. Often I need to add reminders for myself which is easy to do with the "set a reminder" feature.

I´m having multiple reminders across multiple projects and I was wondering if I could make these reminders appear in a separate sheet so that I can organize them better - like a to-do list.

Initially my idea was to create a form with:

task (enter to-do item)

priority

project (with a drop down menu)

This way I would have had all my "tasks" in one place, but since there is no way to automatically keep the drop-down items in forms (names of projects) updated (remove projects once completed, add new projects when applicable) and to have it somehow linked to the actual project sheets, this was no option.

Thanks for your feedback

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi @Sven Krohn

I hope you're well and safe!

• There is a way to keep the Dropdown lists updated. I developed a solution with the Premium App, Data Shuttle.
    • Another option could be to have a checkbox or similar that you check when you add a reminder and then have a report showing all of them.

Would any of those options work/help?

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.