Metric Widget - Dashboard

Hello,

I get the following note when reflecting a sheet in Metric Widget on Dashboard.

Looks like part of the Data Source is missing although I specifically selected the whole sheet. Is there a way to show on the widget all the information that probably exceeded 100 values?

Thanks!

Answers

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭

If you are wanting to show the entire sheet's data, why not publish the sheet and use a Web Content widget?

Come see me in Seattle at ENGAGE 2024! I will be at the 10xViz partner booth throughout as well as the "Lets Talk About Community" Meet & Eat table on Tuesday from 11:45am - 12:45pm!

CERTIFIED SMARTSHEET PLATINUM PARTNER

10xViz.com

• TaliRXM
    TaliRXM ✭✭✭

I already included limited # of columns. There are x3 columns that I must include to show the true status.

I also created a widget that link to the report, however it would be nice to have the full list of names on the Metric Widget.

Do you confirm that 100 values is the current limitation?

Thanks!

Tali

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭

My apologies. I didn't see any reference to limiting what is shown. In your original post you specified that you had selected the whole sheet.

How many names do you have that you would need to show all 3 columns for? Are you not able to pull a report with those three columns and display that report on the dashboard? What is the reason for having to use a metrics widget to display such a large amount of data as opposed to some of the other options?

Come see me in Seattle at ENGAGE 2024! I will be at the 10xViz partner booth throughout as well as the "Lets Talk About Community" Meet & Eat table on Tuesday from 11:45am - 12:45pm!

10xViz.com

• TaliRXM
    TaliRXM ✭✭✭

Hi, I have 30 names up-to-date and they will be more going forward. For each name I show a range of activities and status (all columns).

I's like to show it in the Grid view as it is nice to be able to scroll up and down.

If I make a Report from the sheet, will it allow more than 100 values? I thought this limitation was on a Grid sheet or a report.

Thanks!

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭

No. That limitation is only with the metrics widget. It is not a limitation on sheets or reports. Reports will only display up to 250 rows, but there is a button you can click within the report to go to the next page.

10xViz.com

• TaliRXM
    TaliRXM ✭✭✭
  • Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Happy to help. 👍️

10xViz.com