Looking support to develop the stacked chart

RajKumar 28
RajKumar 28 ✭✭
edited 12/06/21 in Smartsheet Basics

Hi All,

I would like to develop the stacked chart for the below data. it was really hard to group under the same company names with different ageing.

This data i am pulling from the GRID - Report (Summary Report)

This is my required chart be?

Any leads could you please help me out?

Best Answer

• Julio S.
    Julio S. Moderator
    Answer ✓

Hi @RajKumar 28,

It sounds like you would like to build the below stacked column chart for all companies using the metrics in your Sheet Summary Report.

The Sheet Summary Report you've built will only pull into a Report as one row-per-sheet, preventing the chart to stack data.

As a possible way around, you may want to create a metric sheet similar to the one below to source your data:

After selecting the Metric sheet range above as the data source of your Chart Widget, you can use the following configuration to build the desired stacked column chart showing all companies or you can create individual ones by Company: 

Note that you can use Cross sheet Reference formulas to build your metric sheet with the relevant data coming from the source sheet(s).

I hope this can help you achieving what you intend. 

Cheers,

Julio

Answers

• Julio S.
    Julio S. Moderator
    Answer ✓

Hi @RajKumar 28,

It sounds like you would like to build the below stacked column chart for all companies using the metrics in your Sheet Summary Report.

The Sheet Summary Report you've built will only pull into a Report as one row-per-sheet, preventing the chart to stack data.

As a possible way around, you may want to create a metric sheet similar to the one below to source your data:

After selecting the Metric sheet range above as the data source of your Chart Widget, you can use the following configuration to build the desired stacked column chart showing all companies or you can create individual ones by Company: 

Note that you can use Cross sheet Reference formulas to build your metric sheet with the relevant data coming from the source sheet(s).

I hope this can help you achieving what you intend. 

Cheers,

Julio

• Hi @Julio S.

Appreciate your help, i have created the cross reference sheet to pull metrics and created the stacked bar chart. Appreciate your idea and now i made it. thanks alot

Regards

Raj