Question on copy and pasting - keeping formula formats

Hi All,

Wondering whether I can get any help with my question below.

I have a sheet showing data in relation to a particular investment - lets call it Investment 1 , the formulas are working ok.

For the following set of data, i.e. Investment 2 I want to use all of the same formatting as used for Investment 1, so have copied and pasted Investment 1 - but now have to change all of the formulas where they reference particular cells.

Is there a way to copy and the formulas will adjust to a rule?

Some snap shots of my issue below:

This is Investment 1 - so for example in formula we have a reference to row 2 i.e. $2

When I copy and paste this for Investment 2 the formula is the same, but we want the smartsheet to know the formula needs to reference row

If anyone can help that would be great!

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @laurenceharper

It's because you're using the Absolute Reference feature.

If I understand the structure correctly, I'd recommend creating the first one and then removing the Absolute References and copying as many times as you need. Then if required, you could lock the references again.

Make sense?

Did that work/help?

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.