Automation trigger to move all cells in grid to anther grid when triggered by data in one cell.

Jacob Mizer
Jacob Mizer ✭✭✭
edited 12/09/21 in Smartsheet Basics

I set up a grid to gather information for a 50 can check. We do these checks randomly throughout the day. So I need the data from the last check to stay in the grid until a new check is done. I set up a trigger to move cells when a cell has a certain data like 1st check, 2nd check, or extra check to move cell with the condition to a different grid. I was hoping this would clear out all the previous checks. But it only moves the cell with 1st check, 2nd check, or extra. The rest stay on the grid. Can someone help?

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Jacob Mizer

I hope you're well and safe!

Can you describe your process in more detail and maybe share the sheet(s)/copies of the sheet(s) or some screenshots? (Delete/replace any confidential/sensitive information before sharing) That would make it easier to help. (share too, andree@workbold.com)

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic weekend!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Jacob Mizer
    Jacob Mizer ✭✭✭

@Andrée Starå The best way I can describe it is that we have to do an audit twice a shift at work. From one of those audits, I pull information to put on a dashboard. To set this up I made an audit grid that got information for the Audit Form. I put in time automation to move all the information to a achieve grid, so the information on the dashboard was from the current audit. The managers now want to do extra audits, at different times during the day. My plan was to create a form once submitted would trigger and automation to move all the information from the audit grid to the achieve grid. The form is pretty basic just asked what which audit was it 1st, 2nd, or Extra. When I set up the automation it (Tigger: +When rows are added, when Check is: 1st, 2nd, or Extra. Run workflow: when triggered) Move rows to Achieve grid. But when I try it all it does is move the row with the check input. None of the other rows get moved. Do you understand where I am coming from?