Successor activities not updating after updates to predecessor

SRC_
SRC_ ✭✭
edited 12/11/21 in Smartsheet Basics

Hello,

So my question is, on like 30 and 31 I have tenatative dates that I'm playing with. When i originally set them, the successor activity (line 43) updated accordingly. However, when I move them again, line 43 remains the same. This line is setup as a Finish-to-Start with 30 and 31. I would assume that this should change the dates as I change 30 and 31. See screenshot. Any help would be appreciated here. Thank you.

Answers

• Hi @SRC_

You're correct - the dependent task should update when you change the end date of the predecessor rows. Is it possible that there are a number of Holiday dates specified in your Project Settings which means that January 5th is the first working day after December 27th?

To find the holidays, click the small Gear Icon in the top right, then click "Edit" under Working Days (see: Modify Project Settings):

I would also recommend checking that the correct column has been selected as your Predecessor column.

If this hasn't helped, test adding a new Predecessor row number to that row. Then change it back to 30, 31 to see if that resolved the issue.

Cheers,

Genevieve

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now

• SRC_
    SRC_ ✭✭

@Gen YES! You are correct -- a coworker actually helped me figure this out on last week. But your answer is spot on. It was the holidays. Thank you for replying anyways -- glad to see there is community support on these types of questions. All the best.

• Hi @SRC_ I'm glad you were able to figure it out! And I'm happy to help 🙂

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now