Update Requests sent to some but not others - block?

JDen
JDen ✭✭✭✭

Hi everyone,

I guess my question is: can an external recipient of an update request block SmartSheet emails in a way that would stop SmartSheet from even sending an update request?

We have this sheet that sends update requests to email addresses in 2 separate columns. In 99.9% of cases an update request is sent to both emails. But for one external user, just one, update requests are not sent, even though the email address is correct. I also tried switching with mine just to see what happens and I receive the update request. I looked at other requests sent to people who work at the same company (same domain basically) and they receive these updates.

The only thing I can think of is that he blocked SmartSheet, but would that actually stop SmartSheet from sending these update requests? I thought those email just went to spam.

Thanks for the help.

Regards,

Julien

Best Answer

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee
    Answer ✓

Hi @JDen

Is the Update Request sent as a manual request or as part of a Workflow? You're correct that if the email wasn't getting through or was trapped in Spam it would still show as being sent from Smartsheet.

However if it's a workflow, then is it possible that the one email address has selected Unsubscribe from that specific workflow? That would prevent it from sending out to that email address.

If so, you should be able to re-subscribe them by Duplicating the workflow (see: Edit, Duplicate, or Delete a Workflow).

Let me know if duplicating the workflow has helped!

Cheers,

Genevieve

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now

Answers

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee
    Answer ✓

Hi @JDen

Is the Update Request sent as a manual request or as part of a Workflow? You're correct that if the email wasn't getting through or was trapped in Spam it would still show as being sent from Smartsheet.

However if it's a workflow, then is it possible that the one email address has selected Unsubscribe from that specific workflow? That would prevent it from sending out to that email address.

If so, you should be able to re-subscribe them by Duplicating the workflow (see: Edit, Duplicate, or Delete a Workflow).

Let me know if duplicating the workflow has helped!

Cheers,

Genevieve

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now