Folder structure and sheet naming convention

I've found the PMO template to be very useful, but I'm curious to hear from all of you about your folder structure and sheet/report naming convention when you're managing many different active projects. Do you keep the "Portfolio Level" and "Project Level" folder structure that the PMO template has, then just copy the project template folder for all new projects? Then within that project template folder, do you find it best to rename things like the "Project Metadata" and "Project Plan" sheets to have names that are specific to your project's name?

Thanks.

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Mike Tomei

I hope you're well and safe!

In my case, It mainly depends on the client, whether they already have a structure/naming convention in place or not, and what access everybody should have, and similar.

• Sometimes we name the main project folder/workspace
    • Sometimes we rename everything according to a set naming convention. Something like Project_Name or/and Number - Type
    • Sometimes the structure is one Project per folder or one Project per Workspace.
    • Sometimes the projects are split between different Workspaces.
    • If we use the Premium App, Control Center, everything is automated and named correctly when the Project is provisioned.

I hope that helps!

Have a fantastic week & Happy Holidays!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.