Help with automating future versions of Smartsheet

Options

Hi,

Looking for some help in automating versions of smart sheet by manipulating existing data source. For instance here new Dec version needs to be created by automating & editing the Nov source data.

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi @Virali

I hope you're well and safe!

Not sure I follow.

Can you describe your process in more detail and maybe share the sheet(s)/copies of the sheet(s) or some screenshots? (Delete/replace any confidential/sensitive information before sharing) That would make it easier to help.

I hope that helps!

Have a fantastic week & Happy Holidays!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin
    Options

Hi @Virali

It sounds like your source data for this chart is on a Sheet, where you need to manually select the data range, is that correct? If so, what about using a Report (based off the sheet) as the source so the information is already automatically selected and brought in as new information appears on the sheet.

If this hasn't helped, I agree with Andrée that it would be helpful to know more, including screen captures of your source sheet (but please block out sensitive data).

Cheers,

Genevieve

• Virali
    Options

Hi, Thanks for your response. Here are more details:

In the below SS, please see columns 2,3,4 as years ( 2019,2020,2021) and I want to progressively project data for Nov, Dec and Jan (please notice the 0's where new data needs to be automated) Months by using the same source data

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin
    Options

Hi @Virali

If I'm understanding you correctly, you're actually looking for a formula to go into the cells that currently say 0 so that it automatically brings back a number for you as the months go on.

We'd be happy to help with this, however it would be useful to know what the numbers are. For example, are you counting how many rows have the Month "October" in 2021? Or are you looking to SUM a column in another sheet based on what month is displayed?

It would be useful to see a screen capture of your source sheet where all the data is stored as well. That way we can write either a cross-sheet COUNTIFS or SUMIFS formula, depending on what you would like to do and what column-types you have set up in your source sheet.

Cheers,

Genevieve

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!