Card View pulling from multiple projects/sheets into one convenient Kanban Board

Options

I am trying to combine multiple projects (from the same template but in different sheets) that we have and combine into one convenient card view with tasks for personnel not just for one project but for all. Is this a possible feature?

Answers

• Heath Hilton
    Options

I would look at using IFERROR with nested VLOOKUPs.

I have a Sheet (call it Sheet-C) that needs to pull data from cells in one of two Sheets (Sheet-A and Sheet-B). Both of the main sheets have the same cells but one is our active project page and the other is the closed project page. Here is the formula that I use.

=IFERROR(VLOOKUP([Job Number]@row, {Sheet-A Range 1}, 2, false), VLOOKUP([Job Number]@row, {Sheet-B Range 1}, 2, false))

The formula takes the value of [Job Number] from Sheet-C, goes out and looks for the same value in Sheet-A's cell named [Job Number]. If it doesn't have an error (like when it can't find the cell), it will display that value in the original cell with the formula on Sheet-C. If it doesn't find it (and it causes an error), it moves on and tries the other sheet, Sheet-B.

Give that a shot and let me know if that works.

Hope this helps!

Heath Hilton

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi @gpm

I hope you're well and safe!

To add to Heath's excellent advice/answer.

Soon (if everything goes according to plan), you'll be able to use a report with Card View instead, so that would simplify the process.

I hope that helps!

Have a fantastic week & Happy Holidays!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 01/29/22
    Options

Hi @Josh Smith_ICO

Unfortunately, no update, it's still soon, but If I took a guess, I would guess Q1.

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic weekend!

Best,

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi @gpm @Heath Hilton @Josh Smith_ICO

Woohoo! It's finally here! Card View in Reports! 

Card view is now available in reports! Combine your project sheets into one report, then view in card view to quickly answer questions like:

• Which tasks are high priority?
    • How many issues are in the Implementation stage?
    • Which designer has the most requests?

Align the whole team on priority by dragging cards within a lane to save card ranking – without affecting the order of the underlying data in grid view. Learn more.

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic week!

Best,