Download and auto attachment of Excel

Hi,

I have the scenario, where once in a day I will receive Excel data in SharePoint, I need to filter and remove duplicates from that Excel and Upload into Smartsheet.

Once Uploaded via data Shuttle, data should move to another sheet. And then I need to check whether Data Shuttle process Completed Successfully.

All these steps should run automatically.

It would be helpful if every steps or some steps done automatically.

Thanks,

Sandhiya P

Answers

• Hi @Sandhiya07

Once you have the Excel file, you will need to manually attach this attachment to a Sheet in Smartsheet in order for the Data Shuttle workflow to trigger and run.

The other option would be to add the data to an online file (such as one stored in your Google Drive) and have the Data Shuttle workflow read this File instead... however there would still need to be a step of manually putting the data into the online location after retrieving it from SharePoint.

Here's the information on creating an Upload Workflow with Data Shuttle.

If you're looking to copy data to a second sheet after it has been uploaded through Data Shuttle, you could set up a Copy Row Workflow based on when New Rows are added to copy over this data automatically. See: Automatically Move or Copy Rows Between Sheets

To automatically check to see if this process has worked, you could set up an Alert on your second sheet to email you an Hourly recap email (it will only send if there have been new rows added that hour). See: Trigger Frequent, Change-Based Automations in Batches

If you need the entire process to be completely automated, so there's no manual attachment of the file, then you may want to look into using the Smartsheet API, instead. See: Where to Find Information About the Smartsheet API

Cheers,

Genevieve

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now