Counting # of rows that match a number range

Options

I am trying to create a sheet summary formula to count the number of projects that are within a number range (# of days out or past). I am not sure what function or formula to use but I created a formula like this that isnt working: =COUNTIFS([# of days to Finish Date]:[# of days to Finish Date],=>0,([# of days to Finish Date]:[# of days to Finish Date],=<30))

I want to create a formula that will count # of projects that are between 0-30 days out and 31-60 days out.

Any ideas?

Best Answer

• Jeff Reisman
    Jeff Reisman ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

First, you need to have your operators in proper order. It's always "greater than or equal to" or "less than or equal to". Next, use the AND function to give two criteria for the same range that must be true.

Try this:

=COUNTIFS([# of days to Finish Date]:[# of days to Finish Date], AND(@cell >=0, @cell <=30))

and

=COUNTIFS([# of days to Finish Date]:[# of days to Finish Date], AND(@cell >=31, @cell <=60))

Regards,

Jeff Reisman

Link: Smartsheet Functions Help Pages Link: Smartsheet Formula Error Messages

If my answer helped solve your issue, please mark it as accepted so that other users can find it later. Thanks!

Answers

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!