Explanation of "Too Many Cells Referenced" Error - 25M Restriction

2»

Comments

• Jake Gustafson
    Jake Gustafson ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Paul Newcome / @Lucas Rayala

I think I have gotten out of 25MM Cell Reference jail this week. I did a couple things. Also please note that I do not have DataMesh.

1. I removed some columns with formulas from my sheets (main/live, archive, and archive from a previous quarter). I think that reduced some calculations.
    2. I added a concatenated field to combine two commonly used references into a single reference column. Then I changed the references to that new field.

Now that I've cleaned up some of my technical debt on the summary sheets, I'm curious about the unused Cell References and if that continues to linger and pose problems and/or if I should delete them from the manager. For example below, the two that are unchecked for 'In Use' are still listed as Active. They may be active in another sheet, but not in the one I'm looking at with this screen shot. I'm hesitant to delete because I think I tried that before on a sheet and I had to recreate the references. So, I don't want to completely destroy anything (if I don't have to).

Any additional feedback would be much appreciated. Thanks.

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Jake Gustafson There is usually a bit of a delay in when the cross sheet references are removed from the sheet automatically in case you are still working and want to use them again. It looks like the source is the same as the rest, so if you are not using them then it should be ok to delete them.

• Lucas Rayala
    Lucas Rayala ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Jake Gustafson, great job getting your sheet straightened out. Echoing Paul's comment that the cross-sheet references usually hang around for a couple of days. I'm assuming by now it's cleaned up for you.