Do you have to add Sheet Summary fields into a row to report on them in a row report?

Hi all,

I would expect Sheet Summary fields to appear in the filter section of a row report, but they don't appear to be there.

Do I really need to add them to a (formula) column to use them in a row report? Seem like an obvious requirement to be able to filter by sheet level variables.

Have I missed an option somewhere?

thanks

Ed

Best Answer

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hi @CycleBagEd

I hope you're well and safe!

There are two different Reports, Row and Sheet Summary, and to report on Sheet Summary fields, you have to use the Sheet Summary Report.

If you need to use the values from the Sheet Summary in a Row Report, you could add so-called helper columns and combine them with the Column Formula to have them added to each row.

Make sense?

Would that work/help?

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

Answers