Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Enhancement Request: Provide keyboard shortcuts for moving within a hierarchy

Options
J. Craig Williams
J. Craig Williams ✭✭✭✭✭✭
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2017 Posts

I would like the ability to move to top and bottom of a hierarchy.

While not mentioned here:

https://help.smartsheet.com/articles/522200-keyboard-shortcuts

Ctrl + UP, DOWN, LEFT, and RIGHT will move around in the "range" and stop at the last cell with that has data.

(Aside: Checkboxes are odd as some unchecked cells are considered to have data. Seems to be related to cell history -- they used to have data or a check, but don't anymore)

What I would like is a way to navigate quickly to the first or last row (UP/DOWN) based on hierarchy.

I had considered making a video and can do so if that will help.

See the attached 

The use case is that often I would like to navigate around a project or task list and the number of a children rows in a particular level can be long - 100 or 200 rows. The other navigation aids don't help much.

For many of the lists, the first and last rows are sometimes (often) of special importance, for example, milestones or when using the range in formulas.

My current work around is to create another column for navigation and enter data (sometimes with a formula) for the rows of interest and then use the Ctrl+UP/DOWN to get to the row quickly.

This request has also be posted to the WebForm

Craig

SS_ENH_Move_with_hierarchy.jpg

Tags:

Comments

This discussion has been closed.