Formula to set a color of an icon depending on the % brackets

Dear Colleagues,

I am trying a formula with dot icons to conditionally set the color if the budget is exceeded by:

0%<10% a dot remains green

10%>15% a dot becomes yellow

15%> a dot becomes red

I have tried this formula

but my colors are wrong. Please see an example. I suspect that my formula is incorrect because the 0.19% is negligible and -- according to our original design it should still show green.

Tags:

Best Answer

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee
    Answer ✓

Hi @Nikita Che

There currently is no statement that says that up to 10% should stay Green, right now it just says that 0 = Green.

Try this:

=IF([Difference as %]@row <= 0.1, "Green", IF([Difference as %]@row <= 0.15, "Yellow", "Red"))

This says that if the percent is less than or equal to 10%, show Green. Then if it's over 10% it moves on to the next statement that says if the percent is less than or equal to 15%, show Yellow. If neither of these statements are true then it has to be Red because then it's over 15%.

Let me know if this works for you!

Cheers,

Genevieve

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now

Answers

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee
    Answer ✓

Hi @Nikita Che

There currently is no statement that says that up to 10% should stay Green, right now it just says that 0 = Green.

Try this:

=IF([Difference as %]@row <= 0.1, "Green", IF([Difference as %]@row <= 0.15, "Yellow", "Red"))

This says that if the percent is less than or equal to 10%, show Green. Then if it's over 10% it moves on to the next statement that says if the percent is less than or equal to 15%, show Yellow. If neither of these statements are true then it has to be Red because then it's over 15%.

Let me know if this works for you!

Cheers,

Genevieve

• Nikita Che
    Nikita Che ✭✭✭

@Genevieve P. , thank you so much! It worked!

• Wonderful! I'm glad I could help. 🙂

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!