Changing Control Center Blueprint Templates

Options
Rochelle_B
Rochelle_B ✭✭✭
edited 06/14/22 in Add Ons and Integrations

I'm in process of making updates to templates for a control center blueprint, and it would be easier for me to make a copy of the existing template set, make the changes there, and update the blueprint to point to the new template. My question is: would doing so create issues when archiving projects that have been provisioned on the previous template version?

Best Answer

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @Rochelle_B

This is a great question. For the most part I believe this should be fine, however it's difficult to say without seeing your set-up or knowing what templates and details are being changed.

For example, if you are changing three project plans but the archive rule only uses the summary sheet, then this should not have any impact.

I would recommend working with Smartsheet support on this or with your company's Customer Success Manager (if you have one) through a private channel so you can share screen captures and sensitive data, explaining what it is you're looking to update.

Cheers,

Genevieve

Answers

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @Rochelle_B

This is a great question. For the most part I believe this should be fine, however it's difficult to say without seeing your set-up or knowing what templates and details are being changed.

For example, if you are changing three project plans but the archive rule only uses the summary sheet, then this should not have any impact.

I would recommend working with Smartsheet support on this or with your company's Customer Success Manager (if you have one) through a private channel so you can share screen captures and sensitive data, explaining what it is you're looking to update.

Cheers,

Genevieve