Create new rows in a new sheet based on the selected options in a drop down of a new sheet

Hello,

Source sheet has data like so:

The destination file needs to be like so:

I tried different variations of VLOOKUP but I was not able to make it work any suggestions on how to get this desired result with a formula?

Answers

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Is there a reason you are doing it this way? It would be much easier if you started with Sheet 2 and consolidated instead of starting with Sheet 1 and parsing.

Come see me in Seattle at ENGAGE 2024! I will be at the 10xViz partner booth throughout as well as the "Lets Talk About Community" Meet & Eat table on Tuesday from 11:45am - 12:45pm!

CERTIFIED SMARTSHEET PLATINUM PARTNER

10xViz.com

• The first sheet is existing with lots of data and is ingrained in our process, we are looking to add a new sheet in this method as we need to Rate each company for each service in each location.

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭

A solution to parse the data out the way you want it is going to end up being extremely complex and require (potentially) quite a few helper columns.

Basically we have to parse it out on the source sheet which is where the extra columns come into play and then on the destination sheet some rather complex formulas. We could very quickly run into some limitations possibly before the entire solution is built out.

Come see me in Seattle at ENGAGE 2024! I will be at the 10xViz partner booth throughout as well as the "Lets Talk About Community" Meet & Eat table on Tuesday from 11:45am - 12:45pm!

CERTIFIED SMARTSHEET PLATINUM PARTNER

10xViz.com