Bug in mobile app? Can't open sheets from summary report on dashboard

Options

Hi,

I made a summary report to collect all sheets in a folder and placed this report on a dashboard. The summary report has only one column, which shows the sheet names as hyperlinks. The idea is that one can navigate to the sheets by clicking on the hyperlinks in the report on the dashboard. On a desktop this works fine but in the mobile app on android I get the following message.

The error message is clearly wrong. When I go to the source folder and open the report from there, I can click on the hyperlinks. The sheets open just fine.

Hereunder you can see screenshots from the dashboard, report and sheets.

Thomas

Screenshot of the dashboard

In the mobile app, when I click on 456 or 123, I get the error message. On desktop this works just fine.

Screenshot of the summary report

When I click in the report on 456 or 123, the sheet opens just fine, both in mobile app as on desktop.

Screenshot of sheet 123

Screenshot of sheet 456

Tags:

Best Answer

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @Thomas V

I'm able to reproduce what you're seeing: when I navigate to a Dashboard on an Android device, if I then click on the Sheet Name link that's auto-generated by a Report and hosted in a Report Widget, I receive the same error and am unable to access the sheet this way.

This is unexpected behaviour as you should be able to click the Sheet Name and have the app navigate you to the underlying sheet, even if the data is stored in a Report Widget.

I have passed along this Community thread with your example screen captures to our Support team; they will investigate this further and be in touch with you via email.

Thank you for your detailed explanation!

Genevieve

Answers

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @Thomas V

I'm able to reproduce what you're seeing: when I navigate to a Dashboard on an Android device, if I then click on the Sheet Name link that's auto-generated by a Report and hosted in a Report Widget, I receive the same error and am unable to access the sheet this way.

This is unexpected behaviour as you should be able to click the Sheet Name and have the app navigate you to the underlying sheet, even if the data is stored in a Report Widget.

I have passed along this Community thread with your example screen captures to our Support team; they will investigate this further and be in touch with you via email.

Thank you for your detailed explanation!

Genevieve

• Thomas V
    Options

@Genevieve P. , thanks for the feedback.