Control Center - Cannot provision some projects using our blueprint

Options
summetg
summetg ✭✭
edited 01/28/22 in Smartsheet Basics

Hi there,

We have a customized solution build and use control center to provision projects with a toolkit. On a few initiatives, we have found that we get an error "parent project not found" (see below) under the initiative name. When we normally select an initiative ready for provisioning, it will auto populate the parent project field above.

However, for a few we have noticed we get an error where the parent project, referred to being also the organizational team does not exist (for example, legal operations below). I have verified that this team does exist in our teams/division configuration sheet. I am unsure how we can troubleshoot to identify the missing piece of info from control centre.

Can someone help?

Answers

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin
    Options

Hi @summetg

The first thing I would do is verify that parent project value in the intake sheet matches the project in Manage Program > All Projects.

Then the second thing to check is that the Parent Project Selection column in the blueprint is pointing to the correct column on the intake sheet.

If both of these things are correct, I would recommend reaching out to Smartsheet Support with additional screen captures of your blueprint configuration and intake sheet so they can troubleshoot with you in a private channel.

Cheers,

Genevieve

• summetg
    summetg ✭✭
    Options

Hi Genevieve - it is populated and it's isolated to few projects which we're going to do some digging around further and repost here if anything. We have also tried booking a session with the pro-desk, but oddly the control center team is unavailable with 1 appointment in March.

• Genevieve P.
    Options

Hi @summetg

If you're coming across an error and need to troubleshoot an issue, contacting Support will be a better avenue to dig in to what may be happening (versus booking a coaching session with Pro Desk). If possible, it would be helpful for them to see a screen recording or images of what you're seeing and the steps you take to get the message above.

Thank you!

Genevieve

• summetg
    summetg ✭✭
    Options

Thanks Genevieve, we opened up a ticket. It seems like the Prodesk has limited to no availability right now. We'll see what support says

• summetg
    summetg ✭✭
    Options

Hi again - I did some more digging and it appears this might be due to something related to the error with [blank naming tags] in the Parent Project list. Can someone advise how we can find out how to edit this? Thanks

• Genevieve P.
    Options

Hi @summetg

There could be a couple reasons for this; it could be that the Blueprint has no naming tags defined in the Project Naming page. Another reason could be if the Profile Data that was configured on the Blueprint (the column at intake) was changed without changing the Blueprint itself.

• summetg
    summetg ✭✭
    Options

Hi there - we got ahold of support and it appears the sheet where the parent project is provisioned from has some errors and doesn't not line up with another sheet which is linked for the original intake. Hopefully once we fix that, it should be resolved. Thanks!

• Genevieve P.
    Options

Thank you for following up!