Jump from one Smartsheet row to a specific row in another smartsheet

Hello,

I use 2 smartsheets. I call them SS-Overview and SS-Detail for better understanding.

SS-Overview contains over 1000 rows, SS-Detail with many more columns currently only about 70 rows. 

I want to be able to jump back and forth between the sheets linked by name.

In a column of SS-Detail is e.g. the name - this is also in a column in the Smartsheet SS-Overview. The name can only be adjusted in SS-Overview, in SS-Detail it will be adjusted automatically. This works very well so far.

My challenge now is that I have to constantly switch between the sheets. For example, if I am standing on a row in SS-Detail, I would like to be able to go into SS-Overview with one click and automatically stand on the record that it is linked to. This eliminates the need to constantly search for the equivalent record, since the smartsheet is not always sorted by name. After all, if I click on the link in SS-Detail, it just opens the window to re-link the field, which is not what I want.

I hope that my challenge is understood.

Thanks and greetings

Kay

Best Answer

• Julio S.
    Julio S. Moderator
    Answer ✓

Hi @KROnline,

There currently isn't a way to hyperlink linked cells for a quick access or allow edits in the source cell while the cell-link picker window is displayed. When you have a moment, please let our Product team know about your feedback by filling in this form, here. Thank you!

As a possible solution to speed up the process, when having both sheets open in separate tabs at the same time, you may use the information offered in the cell link picker window (row number and column name) to quickly identify the position of the relevant cell in the source sheet and edit accordingly.

I hope this can be of help.

Cheers!

Julio

Answers

• Julio S.
    Julio S. Moderator
    Answer ✓

Hi @KROnline,

There currently isn't a way to hyperlink linked cells for a quick access or allow edits in the source cell while the cell-link picker window is displayed. When you have a moment, please let our Product team know about your feedback by filling in this form, here. Thank you!

As a possible solution to speed up the process, when having both sheets open in separate tabs at the same time, you may use the information offered in the cell link picker window (row number and column name) to quickly identify the position of the relevant cell in the source sheet and edit accordingly.

I hope this can be of help.

Cheers!

Julio