Can I add a file to a project's toolkit based on an answer to a question on the intake form?

Hi, our project toolkit has a file that is seldom used. We would like to only add it to a project folder if the user indicates that he/she wants it on the Intake Form. Is this possible?

Thank you, Marc

Best Answer

• Jason Duryea
    Jason Duryea ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

From what I've understood in the past, Control Center allows for using optional templates only if you're manually provisioning the project(s). If you've enabled the auto-provisioning, then only the required templates will be created for each project.

Answers

• Hi @mdemul

If I'm understanding you correctly, you have a form that populates an Intake Sheet when someone requests a project. When that row is submitted, you want an attachment to automatically be added to that row if a box is checked. Is that correct?

If so, there currently isn't a way to automated that attachment, however you could set up an Update Request to yourself or someone else if that box is checked, and from there you could manually upload the file to that row in a quick-and-easy way as it's requested. (See: Automatically Request Updates on Tasks) Would that work for you?

Cheers,

Genevieve

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now

• mdemul
    mdemul ✭✭✭✭

Hi, that is not exactly what I want to do. We have a project toolkit which is a collection of files that is created for every provisioned project. This standard set of files includes at least one that most projects don't need or use. This is confusing to users.

What I want to do is on the Intake form, ask users if they need that file. If they answer yes, it gets added to the project toolkit.

It could be done manually but we have a lot of projects and it would be a lot of work.

Thank you,

Marc

• Jason Duryea
    Jason Duryea ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

From what I've understood in the past, Control Center allows for using optional templates only if you're manually provisioning the project(s). If you've enabled the auto-provisioning, then only the required templates will be created for each project.