How to give conditional formatting to particular cell of a row and not an entire column

Akshata Kulkarni
edited 02/07/22 in Smartsheet Basics

I am creating a dashboard for my organization which will take an average values from multiple columns. The dashboard gives us an summary of all the data. Let say, in the Column 1, Total sales has value 1%, Revenue Generated has value 45% and Franchises success has 99% value. I want to apply conditional formatting to each row/cell differently.

example:

If total sales is below 5%, give the cell Red color

If Revenue Generated is above 40%, give the cell Red Color

Or, If Franchises Success is above 40% give the cell Green Color

All the cells will have different conditions, the cell value can be in $, %, text or decimal.

How should I apply conditional formatting to each cell in a row and not entire column?

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Akshata Kulkarni

I hope you're well and safe!

Here's where you can change it to a specific column(s).

By default, the formatting is applied to the entire row. If needed, click entire row to limit the formatting such that it's only applied to certain selected columns in the row. When the rule is set up to apply formatting to multiple columns, you'll see an ellipsis (...) in the rule description. 

NOTE: If multiple rules have the same condition and formatting, they will be consolidated into a single rule.

Did that work/help?

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.