Setting up a PMO / Project portfolio

Hi All,

I am new to Smartsheet, and I need help setting up the PMO office where all my company projects roll up to the portfolio dashboard. I have tried to follow the PMO setup instructions but am stuck at step 5 - cell link from project intake form.

Has anyone had success setting up the PMO in Smartsheet? 

Best Answer

• kjcrimmins
    kjcrimmins ✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hi,

We are also fairly new to Smartsheet and had help with the deployment. Our deployment resource set up a sheet where all projects rolled up to an "All Projects" sheet. Then, it's a matter of creating reports or dynamic views, and filtering based on the dashboard. I can show you what we did, if you'd like.

Please contact me at kcrimmin@fredhutch.org.

Answers

• StephanieWW
    StephanieWW ✭✭✭

I have but really had to utilize the templates and then breakaway from them. I had some experiences where the formulas built into the templates just didn't work for me. My recommendation, if you haven't already, is to workflow the process first and then build the Smartsheet tool. I have found that when you use the templates, which for the most part are fantastic, you can end up going down some rabbit holes to make them work and lose sight of what you are trying to achieve. Hope that helps.

• kjcrimmins
    kjcrimmins ✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hi,

We are also fairly new to Smartsheet and had help with the deployment. Our deployment resource set up a sheet where all projects rolled up to an "All Projects" sheet. Then, it's a matter of creating reports or dynamic views, and filtering based on the dashboard. I can show you what we did, if you'd like.

Please contact me at kcrimmin@fredhutch.org.

• We are also building a new PMO and would love to meet with you all to see how you are going about this, anyone interested in a focus group?

• Hi,

nice to see the post - have you finally landed with example of PMO/ Portfolio?

Would it be possible to share a template?:-)

all the best, Maciej (Poland)