Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Unexpected Notifications

Jim Hook
Jim Hook ✭✭✭✭✭✭
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2017 Posts

When notifications were recently updated in Smartsheet I began getting unexpected notifications on a Smartsheet that has been working fine with notifications for over three years now. I deleted the old notification and set up an identical new one but that didn't fix the problem. I have the alert setup to send me an email right away when anything in one of four columns changes. Oddly the alerts are generated when something in three other columns that are not part of the alert changes. The changes in those other columns are actually triggered by my entering new data somewhere on the sheet. It links through some other sheets that do some calculations and then links back into the sheet I just entered the data in. Because of confidential information on the sheet I am not able to share the sheet with Smartsheet Support to get their help. Is anyone else seeing this?

Comments

This discussion has been closed.