Master Project List

Brenda B
Brenda B
edited 02/14/22 in Smartsheet Basics

Hello,

I'd like to create a list of Projects that acts as a source to update downstream teams. See the attached image as an example of column headings. I'd like this list and its contents to be available as a live list source to other functions, such as Project Management, Marketing, IT, etc. If a list item is updated it will either send a notice or update automatically.

Is this possible and if not do you have any suggestions?

Thanks!

Answers

• Update: I'm going to try the cell linking and see if that might work, I'd like a more fool-proof method since accuracy will be with the person maintaining the other end of the project sheet. Also thought about workflows and pushing the updates out. If you've tried these methods I'd be interested in hearing how it's working for you and what issues you have run into.

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Brenda B

I hope you're well and safe!

• Have you explored using a Report instead?

Would that work/help?

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Brenda B
    Brenda B
    edited 02/15/22

I hadn't thought of that Andrée Starå, thank you. Do you know if custom columns can be added to a report yet? I see from prior posts this wasn't available as of May 2021. Reports work great for sourcing, although I'd need to build out the functional group columns as well and that defeats the purpose. I was hoping to provide the base 5-10 columns and then let them add what is important to them in their own sheets.

Best,

Brenda