Automations working/not working/working

Jeana
Jeana ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Has anyone experienced Automations sometimes not working, then the next day they work fine? I have had this happen a few times. On occasion I have to Save as New to regenerate the sheet (per Smartsheet support) to get the Automations to work. Sometimes I don't do anything. Sometimes I remove the trigger, save and add the trigger back and save.

Just seems more inconsistent than it should be. Has anyone else experienced this and found a real issue or permanent fix?

Answers

• I have something similiar occuring. One thing shared with me was that it could be a user may have been in the sheet at the same time when the automation was set to run. In my scenarios, it too is random and smartsheet support was unable to replicate the error.

• Jeana
    Jeana ✭✭✭✭✭✭

For the record, this is what I have done to try and GET an automation to run in a sheet that has been working for months and now does not work.

First I recreated the automation - nothing.

I created a new automation that does the same thing - nothing

I created a new column for the trigger in the automation - nothing

I saved the sheet as New (this has worked before) - nothing

Next move - Smartsheet Support ticket and hoping for better results.

Jeana

• Im trying the most basic of automations - to lock the row when a yes is written in a cell. Initially it worked fine, then, it just stopped working - WTF???? Why is it that the automation is temperamental? Is there a processing issue in the back end?

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!