Cannot generate document ( document builder )

Hello ,

Have you ever used PDFescape application to generate documents on Smartsheet ?

I have created a fillable PDF document on PDFescape , but I receive an ERROR message when I try to generate the document on Smartsheet .

Can someone help me ?

Thanks in advance .

Answers

• Hi @ALAIN-STEPHANE

Would you be able to post a screen capture of the error message you're receiving, identifying at what stage you're seeing it?

I've tested creating a mapping with the PDF you have here, and it should work without an error:

If you're having trouble uploading the document to Smartsheet, I would suggest trying a different Browser or connecting to a different Network to see if that helps.

Thanks,

Genevieve

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now

• ALAIN-STEPHANE
    ALAIN-STEPHANE ✭✭✭✭✭

Hello @Genevieve P. ,

Thanks for your support .

Please find attached the screen capture of the error message ( I use french version ) .

I tried two different browsers , same result .

I even tried to do the same thing with a new simple smartsheet file , but I receive the same error message .

I would be glad I you could help me .

Thanks .

• ALAIN-STEPHANE
    ALAIN-STEPHANE ✭✭✭✭✭

Hello @Genevieve P. ,

The problem came semingly from a software installed in my computer ( Internet Download Manager ) . I have uninstalled it and I am able to generate doucments now .

But I have a last question : is the number of column appearing in the mapping limited ? Because not all the columns appear in the mapping screen .

Is the number limited ?

Thanks

• Hi @ALAIN-STEPHANE

I'm glad to hear you were able to resolve this!

You should see all of your columns, listed down in the order they appear in your source sheet, moving left-to-right. Is it possible that the columns you're not seeing are lower down on the list, so you'll need to scroll to see them? I would also suggest trying to zoom out in your browser in case the last column is hidden by the browser zoom settings.

Cheers,

Genevieve

• ALAIN-STEPHANE
    ALAIN-STEPHANE ✭✭✭✭✭

Hello @Genevieve P. ,

Thank you very much for your support.

I have zoomed out and all the columns names have appeared.

Everything is allright now.

Thank you very much .

• Thanks for following-up, @ALAIN-STEPHANE! I'm glad that everything is working as expected.

Cheers,

Genevieve

• Me and my colleagues are also facing similar issue. There are selected few documents that suddenly start throwing this error. Customer support also never came back with a solution.

I am really stuck.

• Hi @Prachi

Is it possible that you have a browser extension enabled that could be causing this error? I would test using different browsers and turning of your extensions to see if this helps resolve the error. See: Step 2: Troubleshoot issues caused by browser extensions

Cheers,

Genevieve

• Erin Hauser
    Erin Hauser ✭✭✭

I am running into the same issue, but I'm not sure it's the browser extension that is the issue. I get this error on one smartsheet, but I can generate documents just fine on another sheet.

I can get around this error by editing the mapping and clicking Preview and save from there but that is not ideal for our whole company to have to do it this way.

So far I have 2 sheets that give me this error and 1 other one that does not. All running on the same internet browser at the same time. For us, this just started today and was brought to my attention by others using different browsers on the server. I don't work on the server. I just generated docs on one of the sheets 2 days ago and now today I get this error. I never closed the browser between these instances.

I'm just throwing anything I can think of out there - any input is appreciated!!

• Hi @Erin Hauser

Thank you for posting a screen capture; I checked in with our Support team and they confirmed they're currently investigating a number of similar reports where a specific sheet returns this error in Document Builder. I don't have an ETA for when this will be resolved but we're looking into it, and I appreciate you bringing this to our attention!

Cheers,

Genevieve