Creating reoccurring tasks in Smartsheet?

Hello,

I am using Smartsheet to track required reporting activity for my company. In some instances, a report will be due to the same person on the same date every year. Is there a way for my Smartsheet tracker to automatically populate this information once I enter the initial deadline into the tracker? For instance, if I have a report due to John Smith on April 1, 2022, is there a way to have the sheet automatically create a row for this same report, but for April 1, 2023? I am hoping there's a way to eliminate making these updates manually.

Best Answer

• David Tutwiler
    David Tutwiler Overachievers Alumni
    Answer ✓

I'm not sure if that is available with the current options. There are Move and Copy row workflows, but these are designed to move or copy the rows to another sheet.

How many tasks would this affect? Could you set up an automatic notification to send to someone the day after the event, say April 2nd, to remind them to create a new row?

Answers

• David Tutwiler
    David Tutwiler Overachievers Alumni
    Answer ✓

I'm not sure if that is available with the current options. There are Move and Copy row workflows, but these are designed to move or copy the rows to another sheet.

How many tasks would this affect? Could you set up an automatic notification to send to someone the day after the event, say April 2nd, to remind them to create a new row?