Delete Jira Connector

Options
Jeanne Howe
Jeanne Howe ✭✭✭
edited 06/14/22 in Add Ons and Integrations

We have Jira Connectors set up for both our Jira Stage and Jira Prod environments.

Now that we have gone live in prod, we would like to remove the Jira Stage Connector. In order to due so, we must remove all of the workflows set up in this Connector. Looking at the list if workflows, how do you determine if it is connecting to Jira Stage or Jira Prod? How do I know which workflows to remove?

Answers

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin
    edited 03/08/22
    Options

Hi @Jeanne Howe

If you want to delete the workflows before removing the JIRA instance from your Account Admin, there currently isn't a way to tell directly from the workflow page where each workflow is pointing (Stage or Prod). However there may be some hints that can help you identify the workflows to remove.

Are the names of your JIRA projects different in each environment? Each workflow should have the name of the JIRA project it is scoping, so if this name indicates if it is Stage or Prod project then you can filter out the relevant workflows this way.

The creator email address may also be an indicator to let you know who created the workflow, and check the Created date as well to see if any of the workflows were built before you started setting up your Prod environment.

I would suggest first trying to delete the JIRA Instance from your Account Admin though, as this should disable the associated workflows.

Please also submit feedback on the JIRA connector to the Product team through this form, here.

Cheers,

Genevieve

• Jeanne Howe
    Jeanne Howe ✭✭✭
    Options

Genevieve,

You stated

"I would suggest first trying to delete the JIRA Instance from your Account Admin though, as this should disable the associated workflows."

It is not possible to delete the connector if there are workflows associated with it. Given that requirement, I am baffled that Smartsheet has not provided Admins with a way to identify the workflow/connector relationship. This seems like core functionality for an Admin.

We have over 100 workflows set up and our only option is to walk through each one to determine how it is set up. And since, as the Admin, I have no way of being able to view/edit/maintain the workflows, I will have to set up a meeting with each workflow owner to ask them to edit the workflow so we can determine the connector used.

There is quite a bit of Admin functionality missing here.

Jeanne

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin
    Options

Hi @Jeanne Howe

Thank you for confirming that it's not possible to delete the connector without first clearing out the workflows.

I understand that this current manual process is not ideal; please do fill out the form above to let the Product team know about this issue you've encountered and how they could improve the Connector to make Admin tasks smoother.

Thank you!

Genevieve