Best Practices- Creating new smartsheets on annual campaigns and events

Options

Hi There,

I'm still a bit of a newbie since I've only been using smartsheets over the past year. So I wanted to reach out to smartsheet experts like yourselves, to see if there are recommendations on some best practices that I could share with my team at my association on how they can go about easily creating a new smartsheet for events/campaigns that we manage annually.

In the past my team has used the 'Save As' feature to retitle a previous smartsheet that we managed for one of our annual events to capture important historical details like previous year deadlines, attachments and etc to use as reference points. This approach has seemed to work for the most part, but we have found that it causes some confusion with current year campaigns since not all notes, assigned individuals and etc. are completely cleared out or updated from prior year campaigns.

Do you have any best practices or recommendations that should be done when updating or freshening up a smartsheet that is for an annual campaign or event that can avoid these outdated details and/or confusion?

Best Answer

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @LMW654

I hope you're well and safe!

I'd recommend creating Master Templates where everything is as you need to start and not using the previously used one. Always start from scratch with the template.

Make sense?

Would that work/help?

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic weekend!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @LMW654

I hope you're well and safe!

I'd recommend creating Master Templates where everything is as you need to start and not using the previously used one. Always start from scratch with the template.

Make sense?

Would that work/help?

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic weekend!

Best,

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.