Automation emails to Microsoft Teams channel are not working

We are testing sending automated Smartsheet tips and tricks email to a Teams channel, however, running into a few problems which make this functionality not useable.

1. any hyperlinks within the texts are not clickable once posted in Teams. I have read the various communities posts and put the URL into it's own field and tried that and still does not work.
  2. I am sending message only emails into Teams, but anyone who has Teams set to dark mode is unable to read the posts in Teams.

When i send an email directly from Outlook into Teams, none of the issues above happen which leads me to think this is a Smartsheet issue in how it sends the email across to Teams.

This is the email automation from Smartsheet.

This is the same post, but switched to dark mode. (edited for privacy)

Also, any hyperlinks in the text are not clickable.

This is the same email text, sent via outlook. No issues reading it in dark mode or not being able to click on the text.

Best Answer

• Umesh Shah
    Umesh Shah ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Here is the update from support, basically it functions as designed and will be added to the bit bucket in the cloud which is their enhancements requests.

"Thank you for calling Smartsheet Support. I understand that when you put your email on dark mode Interface text does not show. I'd be happy to advise you on this . 

Smartsheet has always had a white interface and a black text, now putting them on dark mode just like what you’ve shown, text may not be visible unless they are highlighted.

At this time, Smartsheet does not support Dark Mode Functionality; however, I've let our Product team know about your request. Due to the large number of variables they have to consider when choosing what to develop next, we can't confirm when or if this will be built, but we have let them know."

Answers

• Umesh Shah
    Umesh Shah ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Here is the update from support, basically it functions as designed and will be added to the bit bucket in the cloud which is their enhancements requests.

"Thank you for calling Smartsheet Support. I understand that when you put your email on dark mode Interface text does not show. I'd be happy to advise you on this . 

Smartsheet has always had a white interface and a black text, now putting them on dark mode just like what you’ve shown, text may not be visible unless they are highlighted.

At this time, Smartsheet does not support Dark Mode Functionality; however, I've let our Product team know about your request. Due to the large number of variables they have to consider when choosing what to develop next, we can't confirm when or if this will be built, but we have let them know."