2-Step Row Removal

In order to avoid accidental triggers of a row removal automation, I'm trying to set up a 2-Step process. Essentially I want someone to select "Remove" from the status dropdown & check a box next to the dropdown in order to trigger the automation. Picture below is of the automation logic, which currently does not work. If I remove the condition, then it does work. Am I doing something wrong or is this a limitation of the program?

Best Answer

• Umesh Shah
    Umesh Shah ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

The way you have your rule setup, the rule is only triggered when a row is changed AND the Status is changed to "Remove".

If the Status is already at "Remove" and then you check "Confirm remove" it won't trigger.

To make this work:

1. remove the initial STATUS condition in the first box
    2. add a second condition in the "condition" pink box which says AND Status = Remove

That should work

Answers

• Umesh Shah
    Umesh Shah ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

The way you have your rule setup, the rule is only triggered when a row is changed AND the Status is changed to "Remove".

If the Status is already at "Remove" and then you check "Confirm remove" it won't trigger.

To make this work:

1. remove the initial STATUS condition in the first box
    2. add a second condition in the "condition" pink box which says AND Status = Remove

That should work