Add an automation onto workapps

I am setting up work apps for our custodians to be able to access application forms/files for individuals on their projects.

I want to be able to set up an automation to the custodians when there is an action at their end to do.

I also want a notification to the individual themselves to say they have an action to do.

i know this is possible to do from my main database (where the information on work apps is pulled through from) but i dont want them to be directed to my main database, only to be directed to their individual section on work apps.

Is this possible?

Thank you

Answers

• Hi @EWILSONNGB

The configuration of the Alert would need to be set up on your source Sheets in the actual Smartsheet App, you're correct. However from within those Alerts you can send out the URL that will direct users back to the Workapp instead of the source sheet.

What I would do is set the Alert to send with the "Message Only", and then use Placeholders to surface the row data in the custom message, along with the URL at the bottom. See: Customize the content of your alerts and requests

That way the email alert doesn't include a link to the sheet and it only has the Workapp URL.

Cheers,

Genevieve

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now